- The special edition extra performance Firehawk was produced by SLP Engineering and was sold through Pontiac dealerships.
- -The engine is a 5.7 Litre LS1 V-8 producing 335 H.P and 350 Lb-Ft of Torque. 0-60 in 5.1 seconds.
- -The transmission is a 4 speed electronic automatic.
- -Special features on the Firehawk include: Composite cold air induction hood, hood mounted heat extractors, SLP Power-Flo muffler with stainless steel tailpipes with twin dual tips.
- -Other features include a larger diameter front sway bar and bushings. Rear jounce bumper spacer, panhard bar and body graphics.
- -This Firehawk options include: Chrome wheels, Bilstien ultra performance suspension system, Auburn high torque performance differential and premium floor mats with the Firehawk logo.
- -540 Trans Am Firehawk special editions were produced in 2001
- -The Firehawk package added $6,895.00 to the standard price of $29,020.00
- -This example is one of 32: bright red, T-top with an automatic transmission.