1966 Buick Electra 225 Convertible
- The Electra 225 was the top of the line Buick. It was available in both the base and custom models. This one is a custom model.
- The engine has 425 cubic inches and produces 340 horsepower.
- The transmission is a three speed Super Turbine 400
- There were only minor changes to the design for 1966. It had a new grill design and a revised full width taillight and trunk lid.
- This Electra 225 was purchased new in Atlanta by Charles Grim of Tucker, Georgia and it has remained here all of it's life. It was purchased from Tom Mitchell Buick in Atlanta, Georgia.
- There were 6,941 convertibles produced.
- It weighs 4,563 pounds
- The length is: 223.9 inches. The original 1959 Electra was 225 inches long, hence where the number comes from.
- Price when new was $5,491.