1939 Ford Deluxe Model 91A Four Door Convertible Sedan
- Ford Motor Company introduced its Deluxe Ford line in 1938 as an upscale alternative to bridge the gap bewteen the Standard model and the Lincoln.
- The "Deluxe" name was used intermittently before and after this to specify an upscale trim, but the Deluxe Ford line was differentiated as a speparate "marque within a marque" with separate styling and pricing through 1940.
- The Deluxe Fords featured a more sloping hood and a V-shaped grill with vertical bars and chrome strips on the hood.
- 1939 was the last year of the four door convertible Sedan and for the 3 speed floor shifter.
- There were 3561 convertible sedans produced.
- It was the first year for Lockheed hydraulic brakes.
- The engine is a 90 degree flathead V-8. It has 221 cubic inches and produces 85 horsepower.
- The car weighs 2935 pounds
- Price when new: $920.00