1928 Lincoln Model L, Dual Cowl Sport Phaeton by Locke
- Henry Ford purchased Lincoln from founder Henry Leland in 1922. He turned this division over to his son Edsel who had a gift for designing beautiful cars. He transformed the look of Lincoln from the rather bland designs it was known for into beautiful custom bodied motorcars.
- This Lincoln is completely original except for the new top and tires. It has the original paint, many of the original tools, side curtains and luggage. It even has the original on board air hose that allows you to air up the tires when stranded with a flat tire.
- The body of the car is aluminum and the fenders are steel. The most notable design feature is the dual cowl allowing the rear passengers to be closed off with a windshield for protection from the elements. The body was designed by Lock and Company of New York, NY. It features walnut cabinetry with Yale locks and abundant storage throughout the cabin.
- The 60 degree V8 engine has 384.5 cubic inches and produces 90 horsepower. It rides on a 136" wheelbase, has a three speed transmission and 4 wheel mechanical brakes.
- This Lincoln was purchased new by Frederick H. Nash, a director of the Bankers Trust Company in Paris, France. He had it shipped there to be used as his daily driver.
- Cost new: $4,600.