1927 PACKARD SPORT ROADSTER, MODEL 426, Serial # U104390
- The Packard Motor Corporation was established in 1899 by James Ward Packard. It was located in Warren, Ohio from 1899-1903. The plant was moved to Detroit, Michigan in 1903 where it remained until it closed in 1958.
- Packard quickly developed a following among the wealthy in the U.S. and abroad. Packard was one of the three "Ps" (Packard, Pierce Arrow and Peerless) known as the most prestigious cars built in America. The slogan for Packard was "Ask the man who owns one" and it was firmly entrenched worldwide.
- This Packard was purchased in for the collection in 1960 from H.W. Watts of Atlanta. This Packard has been in the Cofer Collection over 50 years and has been in Georgia since it was delivered.
- A complete ground up restoration has just been completed in 2014 by Justice Restorations of North Carolina.
- It is painted the correct Coronet Red with black fenders with the top and interior matching the original factory color scheme. This Runabout is reported to be one of six known to exist today.
- The engine is a 288.6 cubic inch six-cylinder with 81 horsepower and is riding on a 126" wheelbase. Special features on this car include the Golf door and the porcelain coated disc wheels.
- Price new: $2,685.