1920 Marmon "Cloverleaf" Roadster
- Howard C. Marmon joined the family machinery business after graduating from UC Berkely with a degree in engineering. It was one of the world's largest suppliers of flour milling equipment in the world.
- Marmon built their first car in 1902. The first efforts were experimental but production began in earnest in 1905. Marmon was in business building cars until 1933.
- By 1911 his engineering prowess was proven when the Marmon Wasp, driven by Ray Harroun, won the first Indianapolis 500.
- The "New Series" Model 34-B was chosen as the "Pace Car" for the Indianapolis 500 in 1920. the "Cloverleaf" was so-named for the four leaf-clover cabin design. It is one of 411 built.
- The engine is a 6 cylinder with 339 cubic inches and produces 80 horsepower. The wheelbase is 136". It weighs 3660 lbs. The original price was $5,000.
- Most of the engine components and the entire body are made of aluminum. The enclosed trunk is one of the first. The dashboard cluster features indirect lighting with all the gauges under one glass and is the first car to feature this.
- All of the Model 34s used unit construction, dubbed "Unification", thereby integrating the body and chassis as one. The running boards are designed to strengthen the frame.
- Fred Spiegel, of Spiegel Catalog fame, was the first owner of this car. It was eventually purchased by Mills B. Lane and was purchased for the collection from him in 1965.