1914 CADILLAC TOURING CAR, MODEL-A, SERIAL # 60288
- Purchased new by Billy Theodore (note the T on the side of the car) who owned the Eagle bus line in Greenville, SC.
- Henry Leland was the President of Cadillac at the time. This is one of the first self starting cars. The starter button is built into the clutch.
- This Cadillac has approximately 2000 miles on it and has never been restored. Only the top as been replaced as well as the seat bottoms on the two front seats.
- Special features are the tilt (fat man) steering wheel, gas pressurized system with hand pump, on board compressor, two speed rear end and a complete set of tools.
- It was purchased for the collection in 1999 from a Dentist in Greenville, SC.
- 4 cylinder engine with 365.8 cubic inches producing 32.4 horsepower. 4 1/2 bore and 5 3/4 stroke. 120 " wheelbase. 36 x 41/2 tires.
- Winner of the FIVA (Federation Internationale des Vehicles Anciens) award at the 2013 Hilton Head Concours. This award is given the best preserved and regularly driven prewar and postwar car as determined by a special committee guided by FIVA regulations.
- Chosen 'Best in Class" in the Preservation Pre-War class at the 2013 Hilton Head Concours d' Elegance.